Coordinator at the Brain Injury Service and the Aita Menni Day Care Centres for people with neurological disorders in San Sebastián and Mondragón, and the Outpatient Facility of the Brain Injury Service in San Sebastián
I am a member of the multidisciplinary team at the Brain Injury Service of the Aita Menni Hospital. I like being a catalyzing and activating element, a driving force within my team. Being in contact with the patients and their families is what I like best. I always try to empathise with the patients and beyond, that is, their family and environment. I find the problems and difficulties at work to be really challenging. At the end of the day, the patients’ outcomes following rehabilitation are very rewarding.
- Social Worker. University of the Basque Country. Donostia-San Sebastian. 1994.
- Master’s Degree in Psychosocial Gerontology. University of the Basque Country. Donostia-San Sebastian. 1996-1998.
Courses, conferences, seminars
I have attended ongoing training courses in the fields of Social Work and Brain Injury, as well as workshops conducted at the various multidisciplinary services and departments in the Hospital.
- Institutional protection of the disabled. Hurkoa Foundation. Donostia-San Sebastián. October 2002.
- Care for the elderly from a professional perspective. Government of Guipúzcoa. Donostia-San Sebastián. October 2003.
- Introduction to total quality and the EFQM model. Aita Menni Hospital. May 2004.
- 2nd Workshop on Independent Living. Government of Guipúzcoa. Donostia-San Sebastián. June 2006.
- Care for disabled adults with social needs. Hurkoa Foundation. Donostia-San Sebastián. March 2006.
- Workshop on Social Work and Health in the Basque Country. Donostia-San Sebastián. October 2007.
- 2nd Vizcaya Workshop on Drug Abuse. October 2007.
- 10th Workshop on Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Assistance to Severe Chronic Mental Illnesses. Bilbao. November 2007.
- 3rd Vizcaya Workshop on Drug Abuse. Bilbao. October 2008.
- 7th Guipúzcoa Meeting of Mental Health Professionals, “Approaches to chronic mental illnesses.” Donostia-San Sebastián, June 2008.
- Family and brain damage. Beata María Ana Hospital, Madrid. March 2010.
I have worked as a social worker at the Aita Menni Hospital since 1995. I provide social services at the Convalescent Care Unit, the area of Geriatric Psychology, and the Day Care Centres for dependent elderly people.
I joined the Brain Damage Service in 2009.
Over the past years, I have been a tutor of students in the Social Work Programme at the University of Deusto and the University of the Basque Country.
Hobbies and interests
I enjoy spending my leisure time with my family, travelling, going to concerts, and skiing. I am a foodie, too.