Supervisor of the nursing team at the Brain Injury Service and Residency Programmes of the Aita Menni Hospital
I have worked as a nurse at the Aita Menni Hospital since 2004 and have been the Supervisor of the nursing team at the Brain Injury Service since 2008.
My tasks include coordinating the nursing team, training newly arrived nurses in brain-injured patient care, identifying needs, and developing new nursing protocols for the Service. Besides, I try not to neglect what to me is an essential aspect of a nurse’s job: being in contact with patients, following up their evolution, and assessing the outcome of treatment during hospitalisation.
- Nurse. University of the Basque Country. 1998-2001.
- Practical experience gained in the following services or departments: Neurology-Rheumatology, Plastic Surgery, General and Vascular Surgery, and Urgent Care Centre at the Donostia Hospital and Health Centre in Deba, Guipúzcoa.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Risk Prevention, specialty in Ergonomics and Applied Psychosociology. Ceinpro. 2003.
- Company Nursing Diploma. 2004.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Risk Prevention, specialty in Occupational Hygiene. SGS Tecnos, S.A. 2005.
Courses, conferences, seminars
- Radiodiagnostic system operator. Oncology Institute. 2002.
- Workshop on spirometry. Osakidetza, Basque Health Service. Alto Deba Hospital. 2003.
- Ten major geriatric syndromes. Zahartzaroa, Basque Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology. 2007.
- Oropharyngeal dysphagia: Evolution and treatment. Workshop. Complutense University of Madrid. 2009.
- Practical electrocardiography. College of Nursing of Guipúzcoa and Preventium, S.A. 2003 and 2010.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Preventium, S.A. 2010.
- Course on nursing prescribing and ICTs. School of Health Sciences. 2010.
I started my career as a nurse at Osakidetza, the Basque Health Service, under successive employment contracts from 2001 to 2004. At the same time, I had temporary jobs at Lagun Aro Mondragón Servicios Sociedad Cooperativa.
Since 2004, I have been working at the Aita Menni Hospital in Mondragón, first in the Geriatric Psychology Department and then, since 2008, as a member of the multidisciplinary team at the Brain Injury Service.
Hobbies and interests
In my leisure time I like to read, go to the movies, go hiking and, whenever I can, go on a trip.